Discover your immune status to COVID-19 without a blood test. The Amperial® COVID-19 Assay is now available exclusively through Apostle Laboratories as a CLIA Certified Laboratory Developed Test. This assay measures your IgG antibody levels to COVID-19 without the need for blood collection. This revolutionary technology developed at research laboratories at UCLA allows measurement of COVID-19 antibodies in saliva using a simple collection brush you place in your mouth for 2 minutes. The report will contain the absolute level of antibodies present and show how your level compares with that of vaccinated individuals in the population. This can give you peace of mind knowing you have ample quantities of antibody or may indicate it is time for a booster shot.
- The Kinetics of COVID-19 Vaccine Response in a Community-Vaccinated Population. Tu et al. J Immunol January 17, 2022, ji2100919; DOI: https://doi.org/10.4049/jimmunol.2100919
- Development and validation of a quantitative, non-invasive, highly sensitive and specific, electrochemical assay for anti-SARS-CoV-2 IgG antibodies in saliva. Chiang et al. PLoS One. https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0251342
Nearly all immune-competent individuals will develop an immune response following SARS-CoV-2 infection. Like infections with other pathogens, SARS-CoV-2 infection elicits development of IgM and IgG antibodies, which are the most useful for assessing antibody response because little is known about IgA response in the blood. Antibodies in some persons can be detected within the first week of illness onset. In SARS-CoV-2 infections, IgM and IgG antibodies can arise nearly simultaneously in serum within 2 to 3 weeks after illness onset. How long IgM and IgG antibodies remain detectable following infection is not known. It is also important to note that some persons do not develop detectable IgG or IgM antibodies following infection. Thus, the absence of detectable IgM or IgG antibodies does not necessarily rule out that they could have previously been infected.
Please follow the steps when placing the order:
- Place the order online.
- Pre-register the patients.
- Receive a saliva collection kit in the mail. Follow the instructions and mail back in a pre-paid envelop.
- Download the diagnostic report when it becomes available!
Please review our Terms and Conditions, including Cancellation Policy (including 15% cancellation fee), Informed Consent. By submitting this order, you certify that you have reviewed, understood, and agreed to the Terms and Conditions. When checking out, please do not refresh your web page, or submit the order multiple times, to avoid duplicate charges. In the case of technical difficulties, please contact our customer service. Please include the name, gender, and birthday information for the people to be tested in the Comment area of the order.